Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quilt show

Quilt show quilt show quilt show quilt show... going to the quilt show.

----------- UPDATE ------------------

Went to the quilt show! So I took a longish lunch from 2pm to 3:30 to go to the quilt show.... sorry no pictures!

I will tell you I bought a Janome 720 - I wanted a little sewing machine to travel with, because it's kind of a hassel to pack up mine then go to Holly's (even though I love going there!) and set it up again. Only to pack it up and set it up again at home. Lots of work! Okay maybe I'm just lazy.

Anyways the Janome is soooo neat! It was twice as much as my brother (that I got at Costco). I can totally see the quilty difference. Don't get me wrong my first sewing machine with always have a place in my heart.

I think my Janome is staying at home and my brother is going traveling with me instead. ^_^

I also got a new cutting board.

I didn't get any fabric or look at all the quilts on display!! Definitly going back on Saturday to do that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, a Janome 720? I really wanted that machine when it first came out, but since I knew I was buying another machine, I couldn't really justify it. So now I have a little Janome (mechanical) and a BIG Janome (computerized). I can't wait till we sew again so I can see your little one!

rdrop said...

Actually my Brother is lighter than the Janome! Go figure! ^_^ Haha. But I'll bring when you come the next quilting thing so you can see it! I really think Janomes are super awesome.

I think my next sewing mechine will have a longer arm or maybe an emboridary one... I have a horrible habit of collecting fabric and now I think I'm going to have a sewing machine collection soon...