Thursday, April 3, 2008

Chinchillas

The paper piece Chinchillas!

I was looking through old pictures on my computer and I thought I would post them here.

So back in May 2007, I helped Holly with her chinchilla rescue project. Holly is really loves chinchillas and loves helping to rescues them. So she found a chinchilla paper-piecing pattern (paper-piecing is a type of quilting) and she wanted the whole group to help out to make some so they can use it for a fundraiser to support chinchilla rescue.

So I went over to her place with my sewing machine and paper-pieced for about 7 hours. These are the ones that I made.






They each took about 2.5 hours to make. So I was half way done with my third (the purple) one before I had to leave. It was pretty fun. The hardest part is the eyes; if you look closely I had to sew like 7 pieces of small fabric around the eye.

See quilting is cool. Well I think it’s cool and that’s all that really matters.

Later I heard from Holly even though the purple one was a little silly because it was really purple, someone at the fundraiser actually stole that one! Haha someone really must have liked purple chinchillas but they should have bought instead of take it so that money could be use to save the animals they adore!! ^_^

No comments: